Covering an area for someone else today, 10 door area.
3 people called in. I was left with three pickoffs and 3 loaders.
Three loaders for a 6 destination belt.
CHAOS of course wrapped its loving arms around me today. We immediately got backed up as i called all other areas for help. Shit.
Well after 45 minutes I get my first helper. Unfortunately by then Omaha was backed up clear to the pickoffs so i couldn't get him in a 4 destination to load and had to have him help with Omaha. Fuck.
30 minutes later I get 3 more people, but the damage was done, we were already off are feet and behind the flow. I now had all 6 destinations covered but no one for the floors.
I had to go around asking everyone to step it up because we needed to get caught up ASAP.
2 hours later we are caught up in the trailers but the floors are covered with carts of irregulars to be put up.
CHAOS.
All and all I played off the hand I was dealt decently. It was a shitty hand, but all together I managed to keep my cool all day, and do my best to keep all the variables in a line. My areas numbers no doubt looked horrible, but everyone worked hard until the heat exhaustion set in at the end of the day.
I had support from other supervisors from time to time. Next week I begin my "permanent" move into the scan room. They are going to train me on the computer system in there and i will be fixing equipment and information errors in the system, as well as my previous job in there of stopping and preventing missorts during the shift.
Should be interesting.
Namaste
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment