Wednesday, November 3, 2010

one semester off

Taking one semester off school once this one is done.
I will have my associates (provided all goes well in my current classes.)
been slacking a bit of late in my academics, mainly because 2/3 classes are boring wastes of life.
I have learned something major though, two jobs i have no interest in are accounting and business. Well at least to major in, I have a natural knack for business, but the classes about business are just useless jargon to describe topics I could have pandered up with pure common sense at the ripe age of, ohhh i donno, maybe 9?
maybe i couldn't have spelled the words, but i damn sure knew the concepts, an opportunity cost was not being able to play video games because I had to do homework. Easy shit...
I'm leaning towards psychology, maybe counseling?
also still fascinated with philosophy, but ill be damned if i sit through another history of philosophy class (intro to philosophy.)
The longer I am in school the more I realize how much Bullshit our education system is.
Besides the core sciences and maths, it is all just conjuncture.
"We do it this way because thats how it has been done"
Waste of my time, I came to learn, not to be told what to do. While yes, 1% of these bullshit classes might come with a nugget of wisdom, for the most part they are just crafty rearranging of facts, analysis of systems with new sets of vocab.
Trust me I know how to analyse a system... learned that plenty from video games, little hand held strategy games that all have new sets of vocab, except one major difference THEY ARE ACTUALLY FUN!

I need a break, i can only fake a smile through bullshit for so long, my acting classes have been the only things keeping me even trying in school. But even that is frustrating, because, knowing all the words terms and mental work, but not being able to do it viscerally in the form of a monologue, so frustrating. I put all this work into it and end up going audition to audition with nothing to show for it. Getting the "artificial stakes" to become a reality in my body is quite a challenge for me.

Although the Improv comedy is going well, i am in the college Improv tournament this Saturday.

I am pretty sure ill figure something out, but i really want to stop wasting my time and energy in the meantime while i decide exactly what I want to major in. Stay working, go to KCACTF and just keep my schedule open and free until i decide i guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment