I finally got the parts in the mail, soldered them on the board. Plugged the board back in, screwed everything together and voila the TV comes on.... For 31 minutes.... same problem. Oh well I taught myself how to solder and desolder, and did it correctly because the TV actually came on still. If I knew what was wrong with the TV maybe I could fix it but since I have no clue now, it is going to stay broken.
Granted I could replace every god damned capacitor but just switching out two took 20 minutes with my amateur skills.
So heres the run down,
solder gun 20$
Solder wick 3$
fire extinguisher (just in case) 20$
Wire clippers and star bit screwdriver 15$
58$ total in attempting to fix it.
Xbox 360 works fine though so thats a +199
overall came ahead 140$ plus I can keep all the tools in case I ever need to use them again.
TV will be taking a permanent vacation to the dumpster.
End project.
Work today I got trained in a new position, setting me up to cover another co-worker when he goes on vacation. I can do just about anything there now. In two months it will be a year since I got promoted. I have learned sooooo much. Honestly a great experience.
Running is going well I guess, School is about to start back up.
Back to the perpetual circle of life I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment