Thursday, May 27, 2010

Gambling = Not my thing

Work today UPS sealed a large account with JC Penny, as a result the uppity ups from JC Penny were up to visit UPS. We now ship all of their merchandise, previously it was a combination of us, USPS and FedEx. My Co-worker Bill had to give a tour and I helped him with some ideas for ways to present the Missort Tool. I do not know if he will use any but at least he has them just in case. Together we eliminated a problem of a large group of zip codes coming up that were not actual missorts. Hope his tour goes well for him.

After dinner my grandma took me out on my much delayed birthday present! To argosy casino, where I very quickly lost my allotted 60$ I had decided would be my limit. It was an interesting place, not quite the insanity of Vegas, but very people watching friendly.
I narrowed it down to 3 main sub groups of people.
Level I - There for fun, doesn't care if they win or lose.
Level II - There to win, frustration and anger for any losses
and THE OMEGA LEVEL only 7 people I observed fit into this level, but I could tell they had something big riding on their bets. I do not know if they were trying to win to keep from being evicted or what, but they RADIATED desperation. Felt pretty bad for those folk.

So anyways I am playing the slots and watching the pretty symbols flash all around, and I hear an announcement: "Congratulations to Jeremy N. who just won 4,555$ on the Giant Ruby Sevens Machine!!" I look up and watch as several people get up and move to those machines.

Instant comedy sketch in my mind, Something that one would see in Futurama perhaps.
"Congratulations to Mike G. who just won 7,459$ on the Bait and Switch Machine!!"
Large group of people shuffle to machines
"Congratulations to Sarah E. who just won 2,151$ on the No Risk Zero Odds Machine!!!"
Large group of people shuffle to machines
"Congratulations to John L. who just won 2,151$ on the Sullivan Nod's to sleep Machine!!!"
Large group of people shuffle to machines

and so on and so forth...

Some cool guy at the bar purchased me a drink for no reason, and disappeared into the forest of slot machines.
My Grandma lost 20 at the tables and won 51 at the slots.
All you can eat crab legs... mmmm


No comments:

Post a Comment