Saturday, May 15, 2010

First real post

This picture was supposed to be later ignore...
Well today was a massive success if I do say so myself! Started off with a large amount of sleep from the night before, woke up energized and ready for the world. Relaxed once again because the dark loom of approaching deadlines to assignments and finals was gone. (well kinda, still have finals.) Had breakfast with good company. Plus bagels so great start of the day.
Work went well, managed to get the whole Friday massive increase in paperwork done, while simultaneously finishing all the training and one on one work with new-hires I did not think I would have enough time to finish. Got some policies that I found misplaced changed slightly to allow more flexibility for those who are faster learners. Had to stand up to both my boss and boss' boss to do this, a little intimidating but it worked out and it was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. One of the new-hires who I was worried was not gonna make it really rose to the challenge today, He did not quite make the goal I set for him but I have up most confidence that he will make it on Monday. Really good guy, great work ethic, just not quite used to the physicality of the job yet. Really got some great new-hires this swing around.
After work I spent waaaaaaay too much time trying to get my phone to sync with my computer in order to get photos off of it. Gave up for a time and went to eat and hang out with a couple friends from work and their friends. Great company, hilarious all of them! We went and got cigars after dinner and then went off to their house. Keep in mind, I do not know the host or hostess, first time we have met. After taking a short tour around the house, They had cool clocks,
I really was digging their house, the layout and decor. We got to drinking, I had my usual White Russian. Then randomly they asked if anyone wanted a 42" TV, well I was like why are you giving away a 42"TV?? They tell me that it randomly turns off, no set time, just 30 - 40 minutes sometimes longer, and that you have to unplug and replug it in to get it working again. Well I am like heck yes at this point, a built in timer to prevent me from watching TV too long? SCORE! I might never be able to fix it, but getting up and plugging does not seem like much trouble to me. Also maybe I can fix it, we will see. So they say all yours, we are trying to get rid of it.
Above and below are their nifty clocks.
So we take it out to my car, fits snuggly in the back seat, It looks really nice, I haven't tested it yet, project for another day. We go back in and resume drinking and joking, Jason my friend from work started making fun at the situation and me getting a 42 inch TV from strangers, he said something along the lines of next they will give you an XBOX. Phil playing along was like "about time Matt got one." and then the host was like "welllll..." I froze, realized he was kidding internally, he kept going and I had already written it off as a joke, he was talking about how he had an XBOX 360 that worked but the CD drive required a paperclip to open sometimes. That it was just sitting gathering dust because he had just purchased a new one. I still think he is joking... he goes and gets it.... I am baffled. My mind is blown. Just met these two today, such generosity was refreshing to say the least. I decided to comp them in on the next Improv show as thanks, If they show up their tickets are on me, the least I could do. Wish I could do more to be honest. Super nice. I went out just expecting dinner and socialization, I drove home with a 42" flat screen TV with 1080p resolution. Holy Shit. Then an XBOX!

Got home, unpacked, finally figured out how to sync my phone with the computer (took some driver manipulation and some thinking outside the box on my part.)
So here is the original picture that was going to be the focus of my photo blog entry: well it was going to be here but I cant seem to get it down. So it is up top! Next time I am going to upload pictures first, seems easier to structure the blog that way.
JIMMY JOHNS! Right by my house, sprung up out of nowhere, superbly excited. I love jimmy johns. Seeing this on the way to work, what a good day already!
So yea, breakfast, jimmy johns discovery, work, cigars, friends, TV's and XBOX360, Great Day!





2 comments:

  1. I have really been craving Jimmy John's lately. Someone mentioned that they have really good cookies and I have not tried them yet. I'm thinking...that's going to happen.
    Glad you had such a stellar day!

    ReplyDelete